Styles for Crowdsignal Poll

• Has the classic view gone now? At one time if you clicked for a blog post you had the choice of ‘block editor’ or ‘classic editor’ but it seems now the classic one has gone it goes to the block editor irrespective if you want it or not.

I like the classic option, is there a way to get it back?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

WordPress.com has recently combined the Calypso and WP-Admin sidebars into one, as described here: https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/unified-navigation/.

Here’s the revised Classic Editor support page, and the new How to Access the Classic Editor section of that support page.

• Hi Musicdoc1, yep, thanks for all that, i think ive sorted it though it does keep going weird on me and going back to the Block one.

Whilst I’m here, i used to use polls and when I did that, I was allowed to have a design on it like a woman on a laptop on a desk, but I cant find that now….can you point me in the right direction for that again please?

• Hey. I haven’t used a poll for a long while, but I see that the Add Poll button is still in the Classic Editor, above the tool bar. Not sure what you mean regarding the preferred design choice. When I click the Add Poll button, it goes to a CrowdSignal Polls pop up dialog box. There I’m told, “You currently have no custom styles created.” However, when I click the “New Style” button, I’m redirected to a “The page requested does not exist” error message within the pop up, effectively ending the attempt to add a poll or manage existing polls.

I’m going to call for staff attention. Staff will respond here. : )

• Hi, I’m not sure what you mean:

Whilst I’m here, i used to use polls and when I did that, I was allowed to have a design on it like a woman on a laptop on a desk, but I cant find that now

Could you link to a previous post with a poll so we can see what you used before?

• Unfortunately no, because as ive just realised I changed to name of my site and so i cant find that post now :(

• Hello there,

Many thanks for that information.

It sounds like you’re following this information here: https://wordpress.com/support/forms/polls/

Does this look familiar?

Many thanks.

• Nope, as I dont see the pic on that post that I posted the link too……I cant post pics here can I?

You clicked on poll on the classic editor and then you had a choice of backgrounds like mine was the man at the desk – asked the question then posted it.

Does that help further?

• @sharonharvey2,

Yes, that helps. Thanks. : )

Nope, as I dont see the pic on that post that I posted the link too…

The poll, with a background illustration showing a man at a desk, with the light from a desk lamp shining on his laptop, is visible for me on Google Chrome. It’s not visible on Firefox. I presume that this might be due to different privacy settings on the two browsers.

I cant post pics here can I?

You can, but I don’t presently have instructions for how to do that. Another option is to provide a link to a screen shot. See the Making a Screenshot support page, and the Sharing your Screenshot section of that support page.

• Right, can you bear with me, while I try and work out how to show you pics of what I’m looking please?

Oh, and by the way, I’m currently using Windows 10 and google chrome if that helps?

• Right, Ok, please tell me you can see these screen caps I’ve managed to take of what I am wanting to find now. First one I believe is what I see when I click on the polls for a pic – as you can see, no pic comes up but it does give a description I think of what should be there…..

Second pic is the one I have been referring too, this is the man version then I wanted to use the lady version.

Now Musicdoc1 mentioned something to me regards browsers etc….not sure if this is the culprit, but right now I am on WIndows laptop 10 and using google chrome…….

Thanks all, hopefully get this resolved positively soon 🙏

• Thanks. Yes, I can view each of those. I was able to create a poll on one of my sites with the Google Chrome browser (Windows 7), using those double carets in the Style section (visible in your first screen shot) to select the Poll Style. However, I was unable to edit that background at Crowdsignal > Poll name > Edit > Styles. So I don’t know how to change the background on an existent Crowdsignal poll.

Perhaps staff will be able to explain how to do that. Staff should return here without prompting. I’ll keep an eye on the topic and call for staff if they don’t respond soon.

• Hi Musicdoc1

Yes! Something has gone right to show you what I mean! And I’ve learned something new, on how to show screecaps now 😃

Right, I am wondering if thats the problem…..I am on windows 10 and when I did that post, I was on a old laptop and quite possibly windows 7…….could that be the issue do you think?

Also i cant see the offered designs currently so that maybe the issue too?

• Hello there,

That could possible be an issue yes.

What browser are you using exactly? When you say you can’t see the images, are you seeing broken image links?

Many thanks in advance.

• Hi aleone89

Well it only occurred to me after Musicdoc1 mentioned browsers. When I did that post i was on a different laptop that died on me and I think it was window 7…..

I’m using google. No, I wouldn’t say broken there is just no images there….ive done a screencap to illustrate what I mean.

Many thanks.

• Hello there,

Thank you for that screenshot – are you able to tell me if you’ve got any browser extensions running currently? (Adblockers for instance.)

Are you able to show me a screenshot with the console open as well please?

To get the console open, please right click > inspect > select console (it should be after Sources, Elements at the top of the inspector tool.)

Please be sure to take a screenshot of the whole screen.

Many thanks.

• Right, given I’m not technically savvy, I’m going to say no, I dont think so.

Right, ok, when you say take a screenshot of the console open, can I clarify what you mean please?

Right, open wordpress on my wordpress site on my laptop then right click, press inspect, select console and then take a screenshot?

Is that correct please?

• On my test page, using either FF or Google Chrome (Windows 7, desktop), I see the same thing in the Poll Style module as in @sharonharvey2’s screenshot, https://sharonharveywebsite.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/img_7382.jpg.

Where one might expect to see small thumbnail images to demonstrate the various styles, there is just blank space between the double carets on left and right. However, the I find that the ability to select a style from the 20 options offered is still intact. Yesterday, I’d been unable to figure out how to change the option once I’d created a poll. Today, in Google Chrone, I was able to edit the style (what I called “background” above) as follows:

Instructions for editing poll in WP-Admin editor

1. Click the Add Poll button above the WYSIWYG toolbar.
    2. Hover over an existent poll.
    3. Click the Edit link. This brings one to the Edit Poll page.
    4. Browse style names (images not displayed) by clicking either of the double carets, left or right.
    5. Select a style and click the Save Poll button.

When I do this I have a preview of the visible page open in another tab. One issue I ran into today is frequent failure of a style change to go into effect on the preview. In my tests the style (background) would either change immediately, take minutes to change, or not change at all.

• The topic ‘Styles for Crowdsignal Poll’ is closed to new replies.