Get to know which plan is best for me.

• I am looking to build a subscription + web ads. based website with a progressive app as well, I want to know which plan will be best for me.

I want to speak with an expert.

Also, We want to start paying monthly first.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• There aren’t that many different plans to choose from. You would need a Business plan at minimum.

https://wordpress.com/pricing/

• Hi!

To install the plugins that you’ll need for that functionality, you’ll likely want to purchase the WordPress.com Business plan:

WP
    Choose a WordPress.com Plan » Business Plan
    5 min read
    Choose the Business plan to create a supercharged WordPress website with plugins, third-party themes, and everything else you need to host a professional website. This guide explains what’s included in the WordPress.com Business plan. Included in the Business Plan The Business plan gives you: WordPress hosting. Everything included in the free version of WordPress.com. Everythin

That will allow you to set up plugins such as WooCommerce Subscriptions and Google Ads. In addition to giving you automated backup/security/updates to keep your site up and running and a world class WordPress-specific support team.

You could also start out with the WordPress.com Premium plan:

…and then use WordAds for advertising and The Paid Content block for your subscriptions. That might be a great way to get started. but it will likely limit you a bit in the long run. That said, it would be very simple to start with the Premium plan and then upgrade to the Business plan down the road.

All in all, it really depends on what your plans are. If it were me, I’d go straight with the Business plan. But if you’d care to share a few specifics about your site plans, we could perhaps give you some additional advice.

• Thank you for the information.

Our website is a sports news website, in order to access some in-depth stories we ask for a subscription and some of the articles are free to read.

We also want to have web ads on our page to earn from clicks, but want to offer NO-ADS. option to paying subscribers.

With that, it will be great to have a progressive app that our readers can download which works on Android and IOS.

Also, if we can personalize the feed of the reader as per topics selected, that will be great.

• Hi there,

Our website is a sports news website, in order to access some in-depth stories we ask for a subscription and some of the articles are free to read.

This is possible using the built-in paid content options we offer on WordPress.com. You can learn more about the Paid Content block here:

WP
    Blocks (The Full List) » Paid Content Block
    6 min read
    Use the Paid Content block to accept one-time, monthly, or annual payments on your website for access to exclusive content that you create – video, images, text, or anything at all. Engage your audience with exclusive content while earning money to support your website. Overview The Paid Content block (formerly known as the Premium Content block) allows you to restrict content on a page or

This will allow you to make entire blog posts “subscriber-only” by placing the entire contents of your blog post within this block. It also opens up some interesting options such as the ability to publish blog posts where some content is free, and some content is subscriber-only. For example, you could write a portion of your blog post as normal (so anyone can see it) but then place the rest of the post in a Paid Content block so only subscribers can “continue reading” so to speak.

We also want to have web ads on our page to earn from clicks, but want to offer NO-ADS. option to paying subscribers.

For ads on WordPress.com, you can decide where ads appear based on where you place the Ad Block on your site.

WP
    Blocks (The Full List) » Ad Block
    1 min read
    Use the Ad block to insert an ad unit anywhere within the content of any post or page, and also in widget areas. Your site must be enrolled in WordAds to use the Ad block. Add the Ad BlockBlock ToolbarAd FormatAlignmentBlock Settings Add the Ad Block To add the Ad block, click on the + Block Inserter icon and search for “Ad”. Click it to add the block to the post or page. 💡

For example, you could place ads on your free posts, but leave them out of paid posts, so when a subscriber is reading exclusive content, there are no ads present.

There is not a specific way to turn off ads site-wide for subscribers. We do not have that option built in. However, it may be an option by adding a 3rd party Memberships plugin instead.

https://wordpress.com/plugins/?s=memberships

With that, it will be great to have a progressive app that our readers can download which works on Android and IOS.

We do not offer an option to turn your site into an app, so you would likely need to approach an outside developer for help with creating one that ties into data from your site. The good news is that the WordPress.com site itself will be “mobile-responsive” so that it will provide as good of an experience on mobile devices as it does for visitors using a traditional computer.

Also, if we can personalize the feed of the reader as per topics selected, that will be great.

This is interesting. Can you explain how this would work? Is there an example you can provide of other sports news websites that offer this option so we can see it in action? Happy to advise once we have a better understanding. Thanks for the additional info!

• Hi again,

I forgot to add this, but if you are looking to get started quickly our website-building service can build a polished website fast. All you would need to do is submit your content, answer a few questions to give us more info about the kind of site you are trying to create, and we’ll handle the rest!

You’ll receive your customized 5-page site within 4 business days, and the results are very professional. More info here:

WP
    Built By WordPress.com Express: Website Design Service
    4 min read
    Let us build your custom 5-page website in 4 business days by answering a few questions and submitting your content. What is Built By WordPress.com Express? Our website-building service is for anyone who wants a polished website fast: small businesses, personal websites, bloggers, clubs or organizations, and more. Answer a few questions, submit your content, and we’ll handle the rest

Also, there is no need to worry if you don’t have images or content for every page at this point, since you’ll have an option to opt into AI text creation. If you choose this, our design team can select images and use AI to create your site content, all of which you can edit later using the editor.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions or want to share a bit more about your site we’re happy to continue to advise you.

• The topic ‘Get to know which plan is best for me.’ is closed to new replies.