Website transfere

• Hello,

I have a website with Squarespace subscription of commerce option that will end on next May.
    if i transferred the website to WordPress, will i lose all of what i have paid?

Thank you

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hi there,

It is possible to transfer most of your content from Squarespace to WordPress by using our import tool, as instructed here:

WP
    Import a Website » Import from Squarespace
    5 min read
    Ready to move your site from Squarespace to WordPress.com? This guide will show you how to export the contents from Squarespace as a WordPress format XML file, then import the file into a WordPress.com site using the Squarespace Import option. Step 1: Create a WordPress.com Site If you don’t already have a WordPress site, start one here. Step 2: Download Your Squarespace Export File

That said, Squarespace is a different platform from WordPress, and as a result not everything will transfer, such as your site design or ecommerce settings. It is also worth noting ecommerce is not built in on WordPress.com, but you can add it by installing the WooCommerce plugin here: https://wordpress.com/plugins/woocommerce

Once you have installed WooCommerce, you can follow the instructions (in the guide I linked above) to import any products you have in your Squarespace store over to your WordPress.com site.

Additionally, feel free to tell us more about your project, the kind of site you are trying to set up, or any specific functionality you plan on needing! We’re happy to take a closer look and make sure that we’re accounting for all your functional needs and putting you on the right path for success. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Website transfere’ is closed to new replies.