updating links on my site

• here’s my dilemma: I started with a free site, festivalmusisc.wordpress.com, then upgraded to a paid site. A little while ago we changed the name of the site to musicales-saint-chinian.com and after a year we discontinued paying for festivalmusisisc.com domain name. I’ve just realised that most of the links in the archives point to festivalmusisc.com and they now return an error message. is there a way to easily update the links throughout the site, or does it have to be done one at a time?
    Any help is much appreicated!!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Your Starter plan does not support the use of plugins or direct hosting access, which are typically required for bulk updating links across your site.

In this case, the most straightforward method to correct the links in your archives is to manually update each link that points to the old domain.

If you have a considerable number of posts and links to update, you might want to prioritize the most visited pages or posts first to minimize the impact on your site visitors.

We understand that this might not be the ideal solution, but it is the most effective step to take within the constraints of your current plan.

Hope this helps!

• /Waves @staff-oikake

Just thinking out loud here. If @midihideaways repurchased the previous domain and forwarded it to the current domain, would that not work? (Granted that domain forwarding and redirects sometimes confound me, which is why I’m asking. :) )

• Hi there! @midihideaways I would say that @justjennifer’s suggestion would be worth a try. (Thanks for sharing that!)

If you re-purchase the festivalmusisisc.com domain to add it back to your site, it would be your site’s secondary domain. A secondary domain is not the URL showing in your address bar when you visit your site, but when visited, it redirects to your primary domain automatically. Could you give this a try and let us know if it does the trick?

Just in case, here’s our guide on how to register a domain: https://wordpress.com/support/domains/register-domain/

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reply to updating links on my site