statistics

• Sorry folks,

I really like WordPress. But this compulsory change of the (old) statistics to the ‘new’ ones really is bullshit.
    You may know, and so do I certainly, that many users of wordpress prefer to use original statistics, which are ways better.
    This had to be said.

Regards
    Wolfram Heider
    webmaster listolar.wordpress.com et al.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Oh what grinches you are, WordPress. My stats bookmark now suddenly does not take me directly to the old stats page. I’m being sent to the new stats, which I’ve consistently NOT used because I don’t like them. I don’t appreciate it, but I’ve been around too long to think you care what we users like or don’t like. Stockings full of coal for all of you. And a stocking full of goodies for anyone who comes up with a workaround to get to the old stats, if they still exist.

• I am not happy about this change either. I was accessing my stats for my default blog by going to https://wordpress.com/stats and changing to the others from there through the drop-down menu provided; it was easy to access all of my stats and dashboards from there. I don’t like the new stats. In the old layout, there was no wasted space. The new stats take longer to load and are smaller on the page by having that huge left sidebar.

I can’t help but notice that this change coincides with the notice of reduced holiday support.

• This is terrible! There wasn’t even a list of links to support, forum, etc at the bottom of the horrible version of a “stats” page that has suddenly come up on my “my stats” old-format statistics page.

This new weird page isn’t the “new stats” page either!
    Horrible graphics. No country stats, I didn’t even look to see what else is missing…

What is this page and where is the old “my stats” page that has useful information well-organized into a module (not list) format?

• I am not happy about this change either. The newer page is clearly inferior and has few, if any, supporters who do not work at WP. There was a large uprising of users when they brought in the lame stats page and told everyone to just deal with it. So we have and now they are probably doing it to us all over again. If there is another furor over this it is likely to be equally futile and end with them banning several users from the forums. That was the MO the last time around.

• Ah. My bookmark to the old-format stats page for my main/only-used blog (Loop Braiding) now takes me to an overview stats page for all my blogs which are mostly just trial blogs for trying out other formats, not really ones I use.

Then when I click on the listing for my main blog, I am taken to what I assume is the “new stats” page for it. I havent visited “new stats” in a long time, it didn’t look like this the last time I was on it.

If this is the ‘new stats’ it now DOES now have modules, very similar but in a somewhat mirror-image arrangement from the old stats page modules. So that’s an improvement from the earlier list-format versions of “new stats” that I tried out with greater and greater dismay when they first appeared a couple of years ago.

Now there is an additional fat sidebar to the left with links to various other parts of wp and my blog. Squeezes the rest of the modules tighter.

Clicking on individual listings of posts (in the post/page stats module) brings up the new and NOT improved graphics/ analysis of that page’s stat hist, does NOT show a bar/line graph for the whole multi-year history of daily views for that post.

My blog is info/ tutorial – based (older posts still get as many or more views as new ones). On my regular “old stats” page I often check that lifetime bar graph for a particular post to see if any of the important ones are losing views, need pepping-up or more links to them…

So am I right in assuming that us hold-outs with the old/ previous stats page format are now being forced to use the newer, non-improved stats page format?

• PS I see that the new stats does at least include international country stats, forgot to mention–It was that first page that threw me off, it only contained as list of links to the stats pages for all my (mostly non-used) blogsites. I had to click past that overview page to get to the I suppose “new stats” (unimproved over old) page for my main blog.

• There is sadness all around, because the old stats dissappeared far behind the horizon. Why? Who´s responsable for this dark change? Let’s hope this fatal error will be changed into a rebirth of the old stats…

• And why didn’t they warn us before? All our usefull information about many years disappeared suddenly, without a chance to save….

• Same here. Totally shocked when it happened today. I specifically bookmarked the link for the “old stats” because they are 1000000% better, more user friendly, and provide the information I need compared to the “new” ones. I have several wordpress accounts, including a business plan package. Please bring back the old stats as an option.

• A reminder to WP, who keeps catering to mobile users and abandoning computer users. People may read on mobile devices, but I’ll bet most serious blogs are still written and assembled on computer screens. Readers on mobile devices, unless they are the administrators, don’t even have access to the stats page. So why does it have to be redesigned/ruined just for the benefit of mobile screen readers?

And interestingly, you’ve never given us the stats on computer vs mobile users/readers. I’ve had to use statcounter.com for that information. To date only about 1/4 of my readers are using mobile devices.

• You have no chance if getting it back when its changed that’s it.

I have been here for about 10 years and changes take place ( for the worse ) we are no told, like the new editor so many posts and people complaining about it and so many things wrong with it ( still )

There is no conversations with WP staff.

• I have almost 3,000 posts on my 9-year-old blog. Many of the older posts still get a lot of views. In fact, one of my widgets is “All-Time Top Ten” which I have to compile and maintain by hand. As far as I can tell, the new stats page does not provide the numbers I need to determine which are my all-time most popular posts. That’s been a very important to me and helps to inform readers about worthwhile evergreen posts. If there’s still some sort of summary list that ranks the popularity of all our posts for the life of the blog, I can’t find it.

• You can still access the old stats page. They changed the URL. Go to your wp-admin dashboard, click on Site Stats, then you should see the old stats page. I always use the Summaries feature, which, much to my annoyance, I couldn’t access through my bookmark. Turns out the URL has changed, and I now have the new one bookmarked. At least it’s all still there.

• @ dribblingpensioner

There’s still a workaround for getting to the old editor and I still use it:
    https://tpenguinltg.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/a-hack-to-use-the-classic-editor-in-wordpress-com/

Maybe tPenguinLTG will provide us a workaround to the old stats page … if it still exists anywhere.

• @jaydeejapan – that’s the old, old version – but it’s still better than the new one

• @pegodaaj you’re right. But still, the info I need is on the old old version.

• I have never used the new editor.

• @ jaydeejapan Thanks for that info. Unfortunately the bar graph on that page doesn’t give us the breakdown on views per visit, which I considered very important for seeing whether visitors were going on to read more than one post. Ideally you want to know visitors are taking the time to look around and read more than one post. I’ve always wished the “clicks” listing would show us “internal clicks” — which posts a visitor looked at once they landed on our blog.

• also look here -> https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/old-stats-finally-disappeared-view-hours-ago?replies=3

there’s a view other threads on this topic… another annoying stuff for many users like the beep-beep-bug-update around two years ago….

sad…

• The topic ‘statistics’ is closed to new replies.