Sites/plans/domain muddle

• Hi. I’m hoping someone can help me please, everything is a bit of a muddle somehow.

My domain I wish to use is damnphotographic.com

My plan and the wordpress site NAME I wish to keep damnphotographic.wordpress.com which has a Starter plan on it I wish to keep

My site with all its CONTENT I wish to keep is damnphotographic7.wordpress.com I am unsure as to how this came about that my content and desired layout of the site I’m trying to launch is under this different “7” site

How can I get the full site of damnphotographic7.wordpress.com including all its content to actually be the site address and plan on damnphotographic.wordpress.com – and then have the domain be attached to the damnphotographic.com ?

I have tried to use the live chat / support feature with no success. Every time it says I’m being connected to a happiness engineer the pop up chat disappears and I need to start again. I am located in Australia.

Thanks kindly

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there

How can I get the full site of damnphotographic7.wordpress.com including all its content to actually be the site address and plan on damnphotographic.wordpress.com – and then have the domain be attached to the damnphotographic.com ?

You can export the content from damnphotographic7.wordpress.com via Tools > Export as mentioned here and you will get an XML file. Now switch to the site damnphotographic.wordpress.com and import that XML file via Tools > Import as mentioned here.

After importing the content you can attach the domaindamnphotographic.com to damnphotographic.wordpress.com by following these instructions here and then set the domain as primary site address as mentioned here.

To avoid confusion in the future, please feel free to delete the sites that you don’t need.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions, as we would be happy to further assist you.

• thanks for that. I did try exporting and importing it but that didn’t work.

• I did try exporting and importing it but that didn’t work.

I wonder if you could give us more details about what failed?
    Were there any errors?

Please give this another try and let us know if the issue persists.

Reply to Sites/plans/domain muddle