New Page Struggles

• Hello,

I changed my domain name, and the old URL obviously errors out now. Is there a way to do a redirect? So any traffic going to my old page can be redirected to the new one?

Hopefully so, have posts out there advertising a dead URL (changed it too early). Hoping for positive news!

New URL =
    maryroseyoga.home.blog

Thank you,
    Mary Rose
    (email visible only to moderators and staff)

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @maryroseyoga7 – what was your old domain?

If you had a custom domain, you could set up a redirect by adding a domain forwarder:

https://wordpress.com/support/domains/domain-forwarding/

On the other hand, if you jusst changed the free WordPress.com site address to another free WordPress.com site address, forwarding isn’t something that’s available.

As you can see here near the top of the support page about changing your free site address:

If you follow these instructions for changing your website address, links to your old address, including search engine results, will no longer work. Instead, you may wish to register a custom domain to use with your website, such as example.com (without .wordpress in the name.)

I would strongly recommend registering a custom domain to avoid this issue in the future. :) A free year of domain registration is included with all our paid plans, looks professional, and is uniquely yours.

Just let us know if we can help with anything else!

• The topic ‘New Page Struggles’ is closed to new replies.