Missing block drop-down arrows in Chrome

• I have a text block inserted in a Lodestar theme with drop-down arrows which show-up fine in Safari, but seem to be missing when viewed in Chrome.

I’ve tested this across different devices so I know it’s not just my laptop.

Is this me or a Lodestar bug?

Any pointers much appreciated 🙏

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello!

Thank you for reaching out!

To help you better, could you please provide more details? Specifically, could you let us know the exact page where this issue is happening?

You can share a screenshot as explained here: Take a Screenshot

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you more effectively.

Best,

• Here’s a screenshot of the drop-down arrows as they properly show-up when viewed in Safari, and where they disappear when viewed in Chrome.

Many thanks

• Hi!

Thank you for the screenshots.

After further review, it appears that it’s an issue with Safari not applying the CSS (Styling) setting of the theme correctly on Details blocks.
    The Lodestar theme does, by design, remove the drop-down arrow from the details block.
    I have reported the browser inconsistency to our team and they will be working on a definitive fix for it.

Meanwhile, you can apply the following CSS to your site to make the arrows visible on all browsers:

/* Always show drop down arrows for Details Blocks */
    summary {
       display: list-item;
    }

You can add it to your site as explained here: Add Custom CSS

Also, as a side note, Lodestar is a classic theme and it may not allow access to our latest theme design features. If you are still working on the design of the site, you may want to consider using one of our recommended themes under Appearance → Themes. You can test them using a staging site: Create a Staging Site.

If you have any additional questions don’t hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help.

• Thank you – that CSS resolved the issue. 🙏

Reply to Missing block drop-down arrows in Chrome