Lost Phone, Google Authentication Codes

• Hi,

I lost my phone and can no longer log into my wordpress account. In order to write this post I have logged into a different account which I do not use. WordPress asks me for the verification code, which was originally on my old phone, but because I no longer have it I can’t log into my site draperonfilm.com. It says it will send a recovery number to SMS but I never receive anything from wordpress. I tried setting up a new google authenticator account on my new phone but that doesn’t work either. What do I do?

The site in question is draperonfilm.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. When you set up Two Step Authentication, did you generate backup codes? Any one of those ten codes can be entered when asked for the log in code for two step authentication.

Enable Two-Step Authentication

If not, you can still recover your account using the Account Recovery Form here: https://wordpress.com/wp-login.php?action=recovery

You’ll need to supply pieces of information to prove ownership of that account.

Here’s more information on account recovery:

Recover Your Account

• Hi,

It says ‘Your contact email is the same as your account – if you can receive emails you should try the password reset form instead.’

Which doesn’t work because it wont sent me a recovery SMS.

Thanks,
    Tom

• The topic ‘Lost Phone, Google Authentication Codes’ is closed to new replies.