HTML text animation works in the preview, but doesn’t work on live website

• HI, when I add a small HTML code (Marquee) to animate text, it works well in the preview (edit mode), but doesn’t work when I publish changes to live website.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

You are setting up an online portfolio site, yes? How are you trying to animiate text on your site, it may help to undestand how you are trying to implement that. In order to use custom HTML codes like “Marquee” you’ll need to upgrade to a Business or Commerce Plan, which lifts the code restrictions that we place on sites that use our shared hosting. You can read about the details: https://wordpress.com/support/code/

This upgrade will also allow you to access site source code directly via SFTP, as well as install any plugin or theme “designed for WordPress” so it will greatly expand the capabilities of your account so you can create the most impactful site possible. Additionally, feel free to tell us more about your project, the kind of site you are trying to set up, or any specific functionality you plan on needing! We’re happy to take a closer look and make sure that the plan you are interested in is a good fit for your needs.

• The topic ‘HTML text animation works in the preview, but doesn’t work on live website’ is closed to new replies.