Getting host to word press

• I’ve tried over and over to get my Domain.com Name to my Host Word press but, for some reason I can’t seem to figure it out. I need help
    My number is [redacted] or Email: (email visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hello!

To use a domain name that you purchased at domain.com with a WordPress.com site, you need a paid plan and you will need to transfer or map your domain.

Once you purchase a paid plan, you have access to 24/7 live chat assistance. This is good resource when you need more immediate and personal attention.

If there are more questions you want to ask here about using your domain with a WordPress.com site, please post again.

Friendly FYI: This is a public forum. You probably don’t want to post contact information here.

• Hi there,

What have you tried so far?

So, if you have a domain you want to use at WordPress.com that you have hosted elsewhere, you do indeed have the option to map or transfer that domain.

First, whether you map or transfer your existing domain, you will need to purchase a WordPress.com plan.

The biggest factors to consider would be who you want to host your domain, how much your domain host currently costs compared to the domain + plans packages we offer here, and whether or not you want to host your domain and site at the same place.

If you transfer the domain to WordPress.com, we’ll manage the domain. You’ll pay for the mapping and the plan here (domain is included within the plan price for the first year).

https://en.support.wordpress.com/incoming-domain-transfer/

But, if you keep the domain with your current host and map the domain to WordPress.com, your current host will continue to manage the domain and you’ll still need to pay them for hosting your domain.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/map-existing-domain/

For more information about the domain, please visit our support page:

Domains

I have removed your personal information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

• The topic ‘Getting host to word press’ is closed to new replies.