disagreement regarding access toLive Chat support in WordPress.com documentation

• Regarding access to Live Chat support, the Go by WordPress.com article Having Site Troubles? Contact WordPress.com Support, dated August 22, 2018, says (bold added), “All customers on our paid plans receive free email and basic live chat support.”

On the other hand, the Live Chat Support support page says, “If you have an annual WordPress.com Premium, Business, or eCommerce plan, you will have access to priority Live Chat support at no extra cost,” the Personal plan being omitted from the list of plans having access to the feature. The Plans & Pricing page also indicates that the Personal plan doesn’t include live chat support.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Under the section “Live chat support,” the Having Site Troubles? article cited above says, “It’s available to WordPress.com subscribers with Premium or Business plans,” with the eCommerce plan being omitted.

• Hi @musicdoc1,

WordPress.com/Go is not a support site. It’s a blog, so any content posted there are blog posts containing information that, while accurate at the time of publication, are liable to become outdated over time as things change. Blog posts on WordPress.com/Go are not updated/revised retro-actively, nor are blog posts on WordPress.com/blog.

The “source of truth” for WordPress.com features is always the official support pages at WordPress.com/support, in this case specifically the Live Chat Support support page you link to above.

with the eCommerce plan being omitted.

That would be because in August 2018 when that article was published, the eCommerce plan didn’t exist yet :)

• Hi @kokkieh,

Oh, thanks for the explanation. : )
    I noticed that the article was dated 2018, but I presumed that WordPress.com would like that info updated there.

• The topic ‘disagreement regarding access toLive Chat support in WordPress.com documentation’ is closed to new replies.