Automatically published episodes?

• Hi!
    I have started creating a website for my podcast, and I have connected in to my podcast and I have seen that it has automatically published the episodes. Which is great!
    But since the 24th of April it stopped publishing our new episodes. We have made four new episodes with do not appear one the site. How do I control this?
    Best regards,
    Emma

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Due do changes at Anchor (now Spotify for Podcasters) the auto-publishing functionality they had on their end may not work. For example we had similar functionality that turned blog posts into podcasts using text to speech functionality, but that was recently pulled due to this change:

WP
    Create an Anchor Podcast
    1 min read
    On May 11th 2023, Anchor’s (now Spotify for Podcasters) text-to-speech integration with WordPress.com has been discontinued. If you use the Anchor (now Spotify for Podcasters) integration with WordPress.com, this feature is turned off. Nothing else changes with your WordPress.com account. Unpublished draft episodes created with the integration must be published by May 11, 2023 or they risk

It sounds like you were using their auto-publishing system instead (which would take your recorded podcast and create a blog post out of it automatically) and we do not control that functionality on our end. You may wish to contact Spotify for Podcasters support team, and see if they are able to help. https://help.spotifyforpodcasters.com/

In the meantime you can create episodes manually here on your site, and as long as you have the URL for the episode audio, you can add it to the Audio Block to embed it in your post:

WP
    Blocks (The Full List) » Audio Block
    3 min read
    Use the Audio block to display a piece of music, a podcast, or other sound file on your website. This guide will show you how to add an audio player to your site and adjust its settings. This feature is available on sites with our WordPress.com Personal, Premium, Business and Commerce plans. If your site has one of our legacy plans, it is available on the Starter and Pro plans. Add the

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Automatically published episodes?’ is closed to new replies.