zuki theme front page widget not showing slideshow full size

• Hello there I’m having trouble with the beautiful zuki theme – the front page widget is not showing slideshow full size, just thumbnail size. This happens if i change the slideshow as wide or full width. It looks full width but when I go to look at the site is is small again. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    the site i need help with is whenthegrassdances.art

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• the site i need help with is whenthegrassdances.art

• The issue doesn’t happen with chrome perhaps it is a safari issue?

• Hello there,

It looks like this might be a safari issue here.

I notice that the slider starts with a thumbnail and then goes full width. Can you tell me the version of safari in use please?

If there’s an update due, you may need to update the browser.

• Thanks for looking in to this aleone. It is Safari version 15. I’m on a mac catalina 10.15.7. Cheers

• Hello there,

Hmm, that’s strange as I am not able to replicate that – at least the thumbnail then resolves to full size in the slider.

Can you tell me if there’s any browser extensions installed please? Anything related to ad blocking in particular.

Many thanks.

• Hi there. I just had it checked on another safari browser and it did come up small then resized itself on screen as you found, so that’s ok. But on mine it is still thumbnail only.
    I have a webex extension.
    Cheers

• Hello there,

Ok, can you clear the browser cache for Safari and also can you deactivate the webex extension please.

For good measure, after deactivation – you may wish to clear the cache again.

Once done does the issue still persist.

• Yes I’m afraid so, unchecked webex, cleared history on safari, quit safari and restarted it, still the issue.

• Thanks for that! I think the issue here might be with the fact that you’re using a retired theme – compatibility with the new block widget editor may not work as intended and since it’s retired, a fix for this would not be worked on.

However, the slider feature in the theme demo is not the slideshow widget, but the Featured Post area. To show the Featured Post slider at the top of your front page, choose a specific tag and assign it to up to 10 posts that you want to display in your slider. Add the tag you selected under Appearance → Customize → Featured Content.

That might alleviate the issue you’re seeing in Safari. Otherwise our recommendation would be to find a theme that is not retired but uses the block editor in a similar fashion to build your page.

NOTE: if you switch themes you would not be able to select Zuki again, so make sure you only preview the theme or set up a new test site to try out a theme without impacting your current site.

I hope that helps!

• The topic ‘zuki theme front page widget not showing slideshow full size’ is closed to new replies.