Wring snippet

• Hello, I’m having problem with the preview or snippet or whatever you call it, I’ll explain: when I post the link to one of my post on Facebook, or in an email, the link comes as a preview of the post.
    For instance, the post I published today: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/12/12/book-review-olgas-egg/
    And here is the preview on FB: shorturl.at/tFXZ0
    As you can see see, it says, “My second review for Man Booker Prize International”. This should not be there at all. My review for the Man Booker Prize were written months ago. I get these words on all my previews! I looked in the html of the post, there’s nothing about that. So how do I edit these previews? I’m using wordpress.com.
    Thanks! Much appreciated if you can help me.
    Emma

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Interesting, so the Open Graph description for that post is being set as:

<meta property="og:description" content="My second review for Man Booker Prize International 2019. Should it be on the shortlist?" />

That’s why it’s being picked up by Facebook and Twitter.

And, I see where the problem is coming from. If you edit the post, you’ll see in the Excerpt field that you have:

My second review for Man Booker Prize International 2019. Should it be on the shortlist?

• wow, thanks so much!! How stupid of me! I usually post and edit through the older way to do it, on the dashboard, and the excerpt feature is not available there for some resaon, so I had forgotten about this!
    I very much appreciate. It now works like a charm.
    wordpress is the best, thanks to you and the rest of the staff.
    Have a great evening

• The topic ‘Wring snippet’ is closed to new replies.