WordPress Like button & notifications broken in legacy mode

• For more than 2 years, the Like button on WordPress has been broken for me. I could never like any post because of that, limiting me only to post comments on other blogs.
    I was however able to like posts just after accessing WordPress sites after a fresh browser install but the problems come again eventually. I have experienced the same problem on multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge-Chromium on Windows) on different platforms (like Android & iOS). On the desktop a pop-up window seems to open which quickly closes back again. But the like does not get registered. The only way I can actually like other posts is when I access them through reader mode.

Similarly the notification bar is broken when accessed under the legacy mode. When I access it from the newer interface (like the Reader mode) via My Sites, I can access them easily.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there:

I’m looking at one of your posts and I’m seeing the Like button just fine in Chrome: https://d.pr/i/Z4Yk7t

Is the button not loading completely or is it missing in general? If you’re still having this problem, please take a screenshot of the problem in question. If you’re not familiar on how to take a screenshot, this support document will help explain how to make one:

Take a Screenshot

Then, use a service like Snipboard.io to upload the screenshot and then share the image link from that service here and we’ll take a closer look.

Also please take a screenshot of the notification bar in both instances (working and not working) so we can try to replicate the issue.

Thanks!

• The topic ‘WordPress Like button & notifications broken in legacy mode’ is closed to new replies.