WordAds & Other questions

• Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading to premium but I have a few questions before doing so.

-When I sign up to premium does it grant automatic access to WordAds or do I still need a minimum viewer?

-What is ‘average’ $ per view? I am just asking for a rough estimate not a precise number.

-If I become premium and want to use WordAds can I use my own domain name?

Thanks a lot,

Hubert

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Hubert,

When I sign up to premium does it grant automatic access to WordAds or do I still need a minimum viewer?

The Premium plan gives you automatic access to the WordAds program and you can set up advertising on your site straight away.

What is ‘average’ $ per view? I am just asking for a rough estimate not a precise number.

This varies depending on a few factors like where your traffic comes from, how many visitors use ad blockers and the actual ads displayed. There are more information in the Earnings & payment section of the WordAds FAQ page:

FAQ

If I become premium and want to use WordAds can I use my own domain name?

You will need a custom domain order to use WordAds — the Premium plan includes a domain credit which can be used to register a new domain.

Come back to me if you have any other questions.

• Hello gemmacevans,

Thanks for your answers. I still do have other questions.

When I read the FAQ of WordAds it mentions: ” Our advertisers have a minimum traffic requirement. Once you reach the level they’re looking for, your application will be automatically sent to them for evaluation” so if I do not reach that specific level, I will not be able to monetize my website?

I looked at the webpage you posted, the infos are very qualitative but not quantitative. I am just asking for a rough estimate for example if I can get up to 1000 viewers per months, what kind of revenue from ads should I expect? It just for me to have a better understanding of the ad market.

Just to clarify, If I buy my own domain name on GoDaddy can I link it to my premium WordPress membership and use WordAds?

Thanks,

Hubert

• Hi Hubert,

if I do not reach that specific level, I will not be able to monetize my website?

Your application will be reviewed once you’ve met that traffic requirement. This guide to getting more views and traffic has some good tips:

Increase Your Site’s Traffic

if I can get up to 1000 viewers per months, what kind of revenue from ads should I expect

I don’t have a figure I’m afraid — there are many factors affecting the amount you can earn.

Just to clarify, If I buy my own domain name on GoDaddy can I link it to my premium WordPress membership and use WordAds?

Sure! The domain can be used on your site with Domain Mapping:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/map-existing-domain/

You will need an upgraded WordPress.com plan, such as the Personal plan. Each paid plan includes a free domain credit which you can use to map a domain you already own (or register a new one).

• Hello,

So before I have a great audience over 1000 views per month, I should start with a free plan. Once I grew my audience and reached this threshold, I would upgrade to premium. Is there any drawbacks to this strategy?

You answered the rest of my questions.

Thanks,

Hubert

• Hi Hubert,

Once I grew my audience and reached this threshold, I would upgrade to premium.

The Premium plans gives you automatic access to WordAds, so you don’t need to worry about your traffic numbers if you choose this option.

You can start with the Free plan and upgrade to Premium any time you want to start using WordAds :) It won’t put you at a disadvantage, it just means a longer wait.

• Hello Gemma,

Thanks for the clarification.

So if I have few viewers on my website (less than a thousand) and that I subscribed to the premium plan, I can monetize my website?
    However, I should not expect a lot of revenue as I have a low number of view on the website. Am I right saying this?

So if I understand well there is two ways to gain access to WordAds, correct me if I am wrong:

1. For Free with a large audience (thousands of views per month) and then apply to join WordAds

2. Pay for the premium plan and have an automatic access to WordAds?

Another question came to my mind: Do Free users with a large audience and Premium users get the same service (access to advertisers, cut of WordPress…) for WordAds

Thanks,

Hubert

• Hi Hubert,

So if I have few viewers on my website (less than a thousand) and that I subscribed to the premium plan, I can monetize my website?

Yes that’s correct.

However, I should not expect a lot of revenue as I have a low number of view on the website. Am I right saying this?

That’s right. The more views you get, the more money you’ll earn.

1. For Free with a large audience (thousands of views per month) and then apply to join WordAds

Sites with moderate to high traffic and appropriate content have the option to apply to the WordAds program.

However, ads can’t be provided for sites using a free WordPress.com address (example.wordpress.com), so you would still need to register a domain. The cheapest plan you could use to register a domain is the Personal plan.

2. Pay for the premium plan and have an automatic access to WordAds?

Correct :)

• The topic ‘WordAds & Other questions’ is closed to new replies.