Widget titles

• When I configured the Vodpod widget, there was a space there to enter a title. I did – I put in videos. But the title does not show on my blog. Not a major issue until I tweaked the sidebar using CSS. Now I have a little blank box above the list of videos. Is there something I can do to make the title show?

Also – it appears that certain widgets have default titles (like the pages widget) or, at least, they are taking up space (like the calendar widget, which really doesn’t need a title!) and trying to not show this information seems impossible. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!

• Afraid I can’t help, but I wanted you to know your blog is looking really good!

• Well, unfortuantely the vodpod widget doesn’t have a title field anymore, but an empty h3 element. You might insert a text widget without content but a title right above it, but unfortunately, that won’t delete the grey box. Maybe you should consider another formatting for the h3 tags (no background and border, because they show up even if the element is empty).

• isadora – the Vodpod widget I have shows the title field when I configure it. Are you saying that the widget itself is showing a blank h3 element? If that’s the case, I think I need to send it to support to fix.

I hadn’t noticed this and the other problem on the other widgets until I started changing the h3 formatting. It was just boring to have it plain.

rain – thanks! I’m just learning as I go.

• vivian, I’m saying that the code of your blog shows an empty h3-element above the widget, *and* that the settings panel of the vodpod widget changed and does not give you the possibility to insert a title anymore.
    Since you chose a formatting with background color and border, those will be shown even if the h3 element is empty.

• Well, the settings panel of the widget on my blog does have the title line included. (It actually says Custom Title.) I’ve sent an email to support on this.

• FYI – it must be a problem with my theme (the empty h3 element) as I found another blog using the VodPod widget that does show the title – see here http://robertstevenson.wordpress.com/

• Another update: the widget as shown on that blog is using the Boxy style instead of the Floating style that I was using. When I switched over to the Boxy style, my custom title showed. However, the empty h3 element is still there. I consider that a bug & notified support.

• The topic ‘Widget titles’ is closed to new replies.