Whole blog posts being sent out to email followers.

• I’m pretty certain I have done something wrong, as my whole posts for my blog are being sent out to my email followers.

I’m not even remotely tech savie so please feel free to explain what I need to do like I’m a first grader. In other words, don’t skip a step just because you believe I probably already know it/can figure it out easily.

Thanks so much for your help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Go here > Dashboard > Settings > Reading
    select “summary”
    For each article in a feed, show
    Full text
    Summary
    click “save changes”

• Thanks a bunch. Think I’ve got it fixed now.

• That’s good to know. The setting on the Reading page is only for the RSS Feed. if you want to display only beginnings of posts on the front page of the blog then you split the content by inserting “the more tag” into your posts. http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/

• Thanks again… I don’t know how I missed that. That little button certainly does make life easier.

Since I’ve already got this thread started I thought I’d ask another question. Hope that’s okay/proper etiquette.

I was using the Zemanta last night and for one of my articles I was getting a recommended commons photo/graphic that I wanted to use for another article.

But no matter what I tried (even going so far as changing the tags and inserting the keywords I thought it was picking up on into the body of the article) I could never get it to recommend this same photo/graphic for the article I wanted to use it on.

I know I could probably go the direct route and try to copy it elsewhere but I was just curious if there was something I could’ve done right there?

Up until a few years ago I’d never even owned a computer, or used the internet much.

I’m glad I used a typewriter as long as I did but it certainly has caused a great many problems for me.

• Hi again,

I know I could probably go the direct route and try to copy it elsewhere but I was just curious if there was something I could’ve done right there?

No there is nothing you could have done right there to use it in another post. Best wishes with your blog. :)

• Thanks again for your help.

• The topic ‘Whole blog posts being sent out to email followers.’ is closed to new replies.