White Body Color

• How can I change the white backgound-body color? The idea is to have the white between the body and the sidebar and header a color.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Lisa, given the structure of the HTML and CSS, give the following a try, which I think is what you wanted. When we take the background away from #page, the footer and navigation also lose the white color. I’ve included rules to add color back into those, with a yellow and cyan color for easy visibility for you, so that you can change the colors of those. Also, to get the white background behind the content and sidebar, I had to set a height for #main. I set it a little more than the height of the content block because I think it looks better with a bit of white, especially since the sidebar and content area aren’t the same heights. You can adjust that. Give this a shot (paste it at the very bottom of your CSS) and see what you think.

#main {
        min-height: 455px;
        background-color: #fff;
    }
    #page {
        background: none;
    }
    .main-navigation {
        background-color: yellow;
    }
    .site-footer {
        background-color: cyan;
    }
  • Thank you. I added the code and not all of the white is removed with #page background color: none. How do I remove (or add) white or color from between the body and the sidebar.

• The white between the sidebar and content, and below is from the background color in #main. You can set that to any color you wish, or if you wish you can remove that and have the purple body background show through.

• The topic ‘White Body Color’ is closed to new replies.