Visual Editor/Post Editor theme

• Hi,

I think I already know the answer to this but wanted to throw it out there to see if there’s something I’m missing. Basically wondering if there’s a way for the visual editor to reflect the site’s theme?

I’m using Independent Publisher 2 for my theme, and have used the customizer to change some things like font, and I also have a few minor CSS customizations for line-spacing etc.

My question is, is there a way for the current TinyMCE post editor (visual editor) to reflect the site’s theme? Right now when writing posts I have to toggle back and forth with the Preview to see how the line spacing works and wrapped around text-aligned photos etc and it’s just muscling through the layout rather than being seamless.

I know if I upgrade to the business plan I can install a WYSIWYG visual editor, but my client really prefers to use the TinyMCE visual editor as he’s way more comfortable using it than drag-and-drop. I looked into TinyMCE Advanced but it doesn’t seem to support integrating the site’s theme.

I also checked into changing the stylesheet for the editor but understand this is only possible with a .org site and I have a .com site.

Any thoughts on if integrating theme into the editor is possible?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

This is only possible if you use a visual builder plugin and edit the posts and pages on the frontend.

If you really want to make changes to the TinyMCE editor, then you’ll need to install the self-hosted WordPress from WordPress.org and alter its source code.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

• The topic ‘Visual Editor/Post Editor theme’ is closed to new replies.