video (embedded) excess border padding

• Does anyone have a solution for removing the thick black borders top and bottom of videos? I’m using the Edin theme. The video is my own, from the WP media library.

When previewing the post in desktop view, there are thin black frame lines around sides of the video; in tablet view two very thick black bars appear top and bottom of the video; in phone view the bars are as thick as the video.

I’d like to get rid of the container padding. I’ve tried some custom css but haven’t been able to do it. Has anyone had success with this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Can you provide a link to the post/page on your site where you’ve added this video so we can take a look?

Also note that your plan gives you access to both live chat and direct email support for help with questions like these. You can reach those at any time by clicking the Help icon that appears bottom-right on all the My Sites pages, or else via the direct link at https://wordpress.com/help/contact

• Thanks for the reply. I’ve emailed support directly and set up a password protected test post that shows the problem in detail. Hopefully they’ll be able to sort it out.

• Okay. Someone should follow up with you via email soon.

• The topic ‘video (embedded) excess border padding’ is closed to new replies.