Using a pen name to post

• I’d like to post to a new blog on wp.com using a different name – a pseudonym or pen name showing rather than my own registered one, is that possible?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• How about creating another user for the blog, set up as the pseudonym you want to post under?

• I assume you are wanting to keep things separated and hide your original identity – the only safe way to do this is to create a new account (need a 2nd email address) – then put the new blog under the new account – that does require you to log into two different account to post to be 100% safe –

You can however add your original user account as a user on the new blog and remember to edit the Posted by identity to the new name – CAUTION – sooner or later you will forget to change the author and the original name will go out as the author – so you have been warned – – I speak from personal experience on this on – I own the blog for some friends and they email me the Posts and I post them – from time to time I forget to change the names from mine to “Steve & Judy” – not a big issue – but happens

• So I didn’t want my name coming up on my posts, I was able to go into users and update my profile to give myself a different name that would be used publicly

• That’s helpful all, thank you – I’m going to go with creating another user but think you’re right auxclass, sooner or later I will slip up. For my purposes that won’t be a huge issue but will do my best to avoid it.

• The topic ‘Using a pen name to post’ is closed to new replies.