Upgrade Plan

• Hi, I want to upgrade to a plan with domain (free 1st year).

The domain I cancelled on Godaddy is not showing up on domain to purchase when I try to upgrade on WordPress.

How long after I cancelled renewing my domain on Godaddy can I see it on WordPress?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there,

Actually, you don’t need to cancel your domain with the current hosting provider. Instead, you can transfer your domain to WordPress.com. The domain transfer to WordPress.com is free for the first year, which is a great benefit.

To get started, I recommend reading the Plan Features page on WordPress.com: WordPress.com Plan Features. This will give you a comprehensive overview of the different plans available and the benefits they offer.

Now, if you’re ready to proceed with transferring your domain to WordPress.com, you can follow this step-by-step guide on the process:

WP
    Domains » Transfer a Domain to WordPress.com
    10 min read
    Have you already purchased a domain name with another provider (also known as a registrar), such as GoDaddy or 1&1? If you want to use this domain with your WordPress.com site, you can transfer the domain and manage both your site and domain registration within your WordPress.com account. You can even have your domain registered through WordPress.com and host it elsewhere! Before You Get Star

Remember, transferring your domain doesn’t require canceling your current hosting; it simply allows you to manage your domain through WordPress.com while taking advantage of the features and benefits of the upgrade plan.

If you have any questions during the domain transfer process or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to help!

• Hi there,

What is the URL of the domain you canceled with GoDaddy? Is it ellyhong.com? Based on what I can see the domain is still registered with them and active, yes?

You had mentioned it is cancelled but I do not see that when I check. With that in mind you should be able to transfer your domain (as mentioned above) by following the steps here:

WP
    Domains » Transfer a Domain to WordPress.com
    10 min read
    Have you already purchased a domain name with another provider (also known as a registrar), such as GoDaddy or 1&1? If you want to use this domain with your WordPress.com site, you can transfer the domain and manage both your site and domain registration within your WordPress.com account. You can even have your domain registered through WordPress.com and host it elsewhere! Before You Get Star

One good bit of news here is that your Personal Plan includes a free domain transfer, so there is no fee for that. In addition, once the domain transfer is complete we add an extra year of registration for free, so you do not need to renew again for an additional 12 months for some added savings.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• The topic ‘Upgrade Plan’ is closed to new replies.