Updating domain

• Hi i tried Updating my domain name & now it won’t even let me access my site everything keeps saying error i dont Know what to do now.

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Also my site originally was titled loveangelica.com & i tried Updating it to ascendingwithangelica.com… after doing further research i realized You need to register a new domain name if i had Wanted to change it? Loveangelica.com was already a registered domain with word press

• I just Don’t want to delete my account if i don’t have to which is what I’m worried I’ll have to do… I also paid the annual for the love Angelica.com site & thought that I could change it at any time… I’m new to word press so definitely made a first time whoopsie!

• I recommend checking this page if you bought your domain from another provider.

https://wordpress.com/support/move-domain/incoming-domain-transfer/

• The only domain i purchased Was through blue host which was the loveangelica.com but i tried Editing it through the settings-> general -> to make it “ascending with Angelica.com” instead but never purchased ascending as Angelica as a domain. So i pretty much just messed up the original domain & now it won’t let me access anything to fix it back to the loveangelica.con

• Hi there,

Your site is not hosted with us on WordPress.com, but using the open source WordPress.org software at another host.

Changing the domain on a stand-alone WordPress site like yours has several steps, besides updating the URL in Settings. You can find the documentation for that process here, though many hosting providers have their own process for this via their hosting control panel.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-the-site-url/

In this case Bluehost support will be best able to help you fix this, so please contact them directly.

• Okay i understand now thank you i will contact blue host! 🙂

• The topic ‘Updating domain’ is closed to new replies.