Two problems – Emails and site content

• Hi,

When I started my site I simply chose one of the default layouts, now I only have one page on my site, and my posts are organised into categories. However crucially each category cannot be edited as a page because it is not a page.

This is a problem because at the bottom of each page this appears…

CATEGORIES

Reviews.

News.

Guides.

Deals.

Videos.

Reader Poll.

Features.

Staff Picks.

Game Culture.

Podcast.

Now this is a leftover from the original site layout and I can’t find where to remove it. It would need to be removed from each category page (page is ambiguous its a non page page). I don’t like how I can click on it and it appears as a page but it is not editable as one.

The second problem I am having is that on my site I have an email listed for correspondence for the site. However the other day an email came from wordpress.com to my other email address. To be clear when I am on my site the correct email is listed as the site contact. So does anyone know where I can edit or see if other emails are someone attached to my site?

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

If I understand correctly, and you’d like to edit the Categories that appear in the sidebar, you’ll want to edit your page’s template. You can do so directly from here.

the other day an email came from wordpress.com to my other email address.

Was this an email from WordPress.com or from your site’s visitor? All emails that WordPress.com will send you will arrive at the email address you use on your account rather than on your contact form. If you’d like to change the email address you use, you can follow this guide:

WP
    Change Your Email Address
    3 min read
    The email address registered with your WordPress.com account is your unique identifier to verify ownership of your account and website. This guide will help you update your account’s email address. Change My Email Address To update the email address on your account, follow these steps: Click on your profile at https://wordpress.com/me. On the left side, click on Account Settings.
  • Thanks for your reply and I am so sorry about the delay my computer died and it took several weeks to rebuild it. The email that came to my personal email did come from a site visitor offering their services. However when I followed your link the email entered there was the site email. Can you give more information how this is happening?

Also thanks for the link to edit categories… however that didn’t work. The categories that I want to delete do not appear on the page, nor anywhere else I can find. Here is a link to a page I had to create to show you a photo of the problem because I couldn’t upload a photo directly…

[redacted]

Cheers.

• Hi there!

The email that came to my personal email did come from a site visitor offering their services. However when I followed your link the email entered there was the site email. Can you give more information how this is happening?

There could be multiple reasons for this.
    There could be a separate WordPress.com account with that email or a forgotten subscription to a website with your personal email, just to name a few possibilities.
    You can check if you subscribed to a WordPress.com website with that email with this tool as is explained here.

If you would like our team to check this further, let us know, or send us an email from your WordPress.com account to help@wordpress.com to share your personal email privately.

Also thanks for the link to edit categories… however that didn’t work. The categories that I want to delete do not appear on the page, nor anywhere else I can find. Here is a link to a page I had to create to show you a photo of the problem because I couldn’t upload a photo directly…

I’m sorry to hear the issue persists. Thank you for setting up that post and sharing it with us. I have redacted it but our team can still check this for you.
    You will be able to edit this from Appearance → Editor → Templates.
    The Templates to edit should be the ones titled All Archives and Index.

• The topic ‘Two problems – Emails and site content’ is closed to new replies.