Twenty Ten Theme and Featured Image on Blog page

• I’m setting up a website using the twenty ten theme. I’ve added a custom header image, and for each page I’ve added its own featured image for its header. For all pages except the Blog page, the site shows the featured image for that page. However, the blog page will only show the custom header image in its header. How can I get the blog page to show its own featured image rather than the default custom header image?
    Many thanks.
    Jean

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• As the blog linked to your name is an empty wordpress.com blog you must be referring to another one. Please post the URL for the specific page you are having an issue with so we can examine it and help you.

• Here’s the link: http://coloroncloth.com/
    Sorry if I pointed to the wrong one.
    Thanks.

• Hello again,
    The link you have to click to set a featured image is on the far right hand side column and is under the Post Tags module in it’s own module “Featured Image”. Please see here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/featured-images/

• Thanks, I didn’t know I could set different headers for each post, so that will be useful. On the main Blog page, I still can’t get the ‘featured image” to show even though I’ve defined it and saved it under the “Edit page” page. Instead, the “Custom Header” image displays on the Blog page. Is there a way to get the main Blog page to show its own “featured image” or will it only show the overall “custom header”?
    Thanks.

• The “featured image” works with individual posts or static pages. Dynamic pages such as your posts page display the regular header image. (When you set a static page as your front and another one as your posts page, you don’t access that second static page anymore: you just use it to create the header link to your most recent posts.)

• Thanks, that answers it.

• The topic ‘Twenty Ten Theme and Featured Image on Blog page’ is closed to new replies.