Transferring Stow to WP.org

• I tried downloading the 2 templates you need for Stow and uploaded them to wordpress.org but when I open my pages they look nothing like the theme and parts of the theme are missing.

Please help as I need to get this site built for a client!

Thank you!!

Jonathan

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi Jonathan,

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean that parts of the theme are missing. What exactly is missing?

To use Stow on a self-hosted WordPress site, the simplest way is to connect that site to WordPress.com using the Jetpack plugin. Then you can just activate the theme from My Site ->Design ->Themes like you would on a WordPress.com site.

Else you’ll need to download Stow and Varia, install both on the site via WP-Admin ->Appearance ->Themes, and activate Stow (Stow is a child theme of Varia, which means the base design from from Varia, but Stow is the one that needs to be active on the site to get Stow’s specific design).

Unlike activating the theme on a WordPress.com site, this process will not automatically create a homepage on the site that matches the demo site of the theme, so you’ll need to do that manually using the theme’s support page as a guide.

https://wordpress.com/theme/stow

• The topic ‘Transferring Stow to WP.org’ is closed to new replies.