transferring Stats and Followers

• I’ve been having an issue consolidating my two blogs. Basically, I want to change the domain name of my original blog from geowilly3.wordpress.com to georgedathird.wordpress.com

However, I think while trying to do the domain switch, I inadvertently created a new, blank blog with the intended domain. I had hoped that simply exporting my geowilly3 blog and importing it my georgedathird blog would fix it, but it didn’t transfer over the stats and followers.

So I believe there to be two possibly remedies, neither of which I can figure out.
    A – somehow change my original blogs domain name and discard the new one
    B – transfer stats and followers to new blog, and discard the original

I’ve already tried changing my georgedathird domain name in an attempt to free it up for my geowilly3, but that keeps resulting in a third blog, with an even sillier name

Thanks in advance for bearing with me here, I’m incredibly bad with all things technology.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• When we need Staff help with issues Volunteers cannot resolve like this one we type modlook into the sidebar tags on our forum threads. I did that for you.

How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then we subscribe to this thread so we are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hi @georgedathird, that’s a bit odd — usually if you opt to keep the old address, the first site would be left blank, with followers and stats transferred to the new address.

I’ve migrated your subscribers. The stats work with the new site right now, but if you’re planning on running the old site separately, I may need to try something else. Let me know what you have in mind.

• Hello! This is amazing, I think this worked. I’m planning on just getting rid of the old site entirely, just wanted to make sure everything from it made it over to the new one.

I’ve posted a couple new pieces on the old site since the import/export process, is there any way to migrate those posts over as well before I delete the old site?

Basically wanna take my old site as is, and simply change the domain name, and get rid of the first one (so my domain matches my username).

Thank you!

• @georgedathird It looks like your images didn’t all come through from the old site. Do you mind if we run the import again for you from our side? I may need to temporarily remove posts from the new site to import them properly. Let me know if this is OK.

• Totally ok! And thank you again!

• Perfect. That’s in progress now. I’m going to take off for the evening, but when everything’s done, go ahead and make the old site private (rather than deleting it right away). That way we’ll have a chance to verify everything looks right. Cheers!

• Alright, set to private, thanks!

• Thanks! Your import worked but you still need your featured images reset. So this is almost done. Do you want to set them on your end?

• hello,
    I changed the name of my blog on http://www.lablovedesign.wordpress.com estilnordic.wordpress.com What is not known is that the content of the first blog would be empty. What happens to me is that when I search for keywords that are NORDIC STYLE first blog (lablovedesign.wordpress.com) Google I get the new well positioned but not out. And when it clicked results lablovedesign.wordpress.com empty out the contents. Is there any way to redirect url?

I need help. Thank you very much !!!

• Hi @nuriaroura, keeping both URLS will leave the old URL empty.

You can allow Google time to update, or buy a site redirect if you’d like:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/

Since the original poster’s issue is resolved, I’ll close this thread, but if you need more help you can post a new thread. Cheers!

• The topic ‘transferring Stats and Followers’ is closed to new replies.