Transfer stats from wordpress to selfhosted

• Hello,

I have read here that it is possible to transfer my stats from my old WordPress.com site to the new self-hosted site. If it’s possible to transfer subscribers too, then that would be great!

Old site: snookerhq.wordpress.com
    New site: snookerhq.com

The domain snookerhq.com was originally associated with snookerhq.wordpress.com but I have since transferred that domain over to Bluehost. I would like then to keep my old stats.

Many thanks and kind regards.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I have added a tag “modlook” to this topic. One of the members from the WordPress.com staff/WordPress.com Happiness Engineers should be able to do this for you.

• Hi snookerhq,

Transferring stats will only work perfectly if the post IDs match on both sites. Your post IDs don’t match and stats can only be combined into one single entry if the IDs are the same.

I can transfer your stats to snookerhq.com but they may not match up perfectly — a single post will show as two or more different posts on your Stats page. However, the overall site-wide traffic numbers will be the same.

This action cannot be undone so please let me know if you are happy to proceed.

Thanks!

• Hi Gemma,

Thanks for the reply.

I migrated the site from wordpress.com to the my bluehost account, so does that mean that the IDs should line up?

• Is there any way to ensure that the IDs do match? Or is that just the way it has to be?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Hi Gemma,

Is there any way my stats could be transferred too from my old URL (onceuponamedic.wordpress.com) to my new URL (masumahjannah.wordpress.com)

Thank you

• Hi snookerhq,

I migrated the site from wordpress.com to the my bluehost account, so does that mean that the IDs should line up?

It appears the post IDs don’t match because the import wasn’t run on an empty site (snookerhq.com). One existing post, image or comment on the new site is enough to create mismatching post ID’s.

Is there any way to ensure that the IDs do match? Or is that just the way it has to be?

You would need to run the import on a completely empty site in order for the post ID’s to match exactly. This would include emptying the trash before running a fresh import.

Another thing I noticed is your Jetpack connection isn’t working properly. Please try deactivating the plugin, then reactivate it and connect to WordPress.com again.

@masumahj — please use this link start a new thread for your question and tag it with modlook. We can then take a look at your site, thanks!

• Hello Gemma,

Thanks for those answers. I have done like you suggested regarding Jetpack. Is it running okay now?

About the stats, I think I understand what you mean about the posts. However, if I go ahead and transfer now (without resetting everything and doing a fresh import) will my Day / Week / Month / Year numbers be the same as before?

• Hi snookerhq,

Thanks for trying that. It looks like something is blocking the Jetpack connection (see Jetpack debug) so I recommend contacting your hosting provider to see if there are any issues on their side (for example, server security).

If you are able to get that resolved, I can help you transfer the stats. If not, please contact Jetpack support for more information (you can also mention the stats transfer).

However, if I go ahead and transfer now (without resetting everything and doing a fresh import) will my Day / Week / Month / Year numbers be the same as before?

Your stats won’t match for the posts but you’ll still have historical trends/total views.

• Hello Gemma,

I believe everything is okay with Jetpack now. The error message from here has gone: https://jetpack.com/support/debug/?url=https://snookerhq.com

Can you confirm? If it’s okay then could you go ahead and transfer the stats and subscribers, please. Many thanks for your help!

• The topic ‘Transfer stats from wordpress to selfhosted’ is closed to new replies.