The Blog main page doesn’t show posts

• The Blog main page doesn’t show posts, although the posts are not deleted and can be edited by the administrator. Also, the Page list doesn’t inlude the Blog page, although I’m not sure it should include it.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @bricolazh I hope you are having a great day!

Regarding the issue with posts not displaying on the main page of your blog, it’s possible that the settings for displaying posts need adjustment. Here’s how you can check and modify these settings:

1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
    2. Go to “Settings” in the left sidebar and select “Reading.”
    3. In the “Your homepage displays” section, ensure that the “Default” option is selected. This setting enables your main page to display your latest blog posts.
    4. In the “Default posts page” section, ensure that the “None” option is selected.

Could you confirm if the “Default” option is selected under Settings > Reading? If so, and if the issue persists, it might be beneficial to inspect your theme settings or reach out to your theme’s support for further assistance in ensuring the posts display correctly on the main blog page.

Let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance with this issue!

• Thank you, Marlonla. The day could be greater.

I went to Settings and selected Reading. Your homepage displays was and is Default, and Default posts page was and is None. But it doesn’t help. No posts appear on the main page. There are links to my posts, archives, calendar on the left panel, and when I click on a link to a post only a title and an invitation to comment are shown, no text, no pictures, no nothing.

Nonetheless, the blog is displayed correctly on mobile phones.

The theme is K2-lite discontinued eight or nine years ago. I don’t think I can contact its support.

• Does anybody know how to fix the above-described problem?

• The theme you are using is retired and no longer compatible with the current wordpress.com platform. You must go for a more recent theme.

• Thank you, staartmees. Do you believe switching to a new them is the only way to fix it? I wonder why the blog appears alright on mobile phones.

• I have the same issue (same theme, good old K2-Lite). Can’t see posts at all, on main page or even with direct link. They had to update something recently (something with displaying content), because it worked fine like less than a month ago.

what a shame ;)

• @mayo86 that theme is outdated and got retired from our theme repository. Themes are retired because they are no longer compatible with the current wordpress.com platform. This is common on all platforms.

• The topic ‘The Blog main page doesn’t show posts’ is closed to new replies.