Template Removed without Consent F’d up my entire site

• My site looks totally not like it is supposed to look… it’s template is gone and it appears to be advertising something. This was my blog and yes I can find my stuff in the links, however, the landing page is NOT MY LANDING page. I

What has happened and how can we fix it? I want my template back even though it may no longer be supported. How do I even see what template I was using prior to WP destroying the feel of my domain site?

Why did this happen without warning my account says it is active until October so I don’t think it is money.

And, if the template I was using in no longer supported can I get it back with an upgrade? I only use wordpress in order to create and keep it going. My blog is like my journal but I don’t want to have to constantly worry about reworking the entire thing.

Which is the biggest thing I find with WordPress, it truly seems to rival Facebook with totally changing everything all the time. It forces me to revamp and that means no writing each time… and then I have to learn the new ways.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Good Morning –

Thank you for reaching out to us. When reviewing the account I see that your domain registration is active until October 2025. The hosting plan expired back in March, though. Like the domain, this hosting plan needs to be renewed each year.

When that hosting plan expired the features of the plan were also discontinued. This includes access to using premium themes. The site was reverted to a default option because of this scenario.

Go to https://wordpress.com/themes/ and activate Anemone again to regain the previous appearance of the home page.

Please write back to us here if more help is needed.

• I have a short update for you! The reason you can’t find the theme is that the Anemone theme was retired in 2021. Any sites that had the theme were allowed to continue using it provided their Explorer plan was still in place or they did not switch to another theme. Since you put the Explorer plan back in place, I can restore the theme to your account as a one-time courtesy.

Please note that because this theme has been retired, it’s advisable to consider finding a new theme. As the WordPress software is continuously updated, retired themes may not be compatible with the latest WordPress versions. In the future, this theme may become incompatible.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Reply to Template Removed without Consent F’d up my entire site