Talk Talk 'No Data Received' error

• I too have been having problems since the end of last week. Have TalkTalk at home and in the office and both affected. We rely on our WordPress sites for business, and I am a big fan, but even I am loosing patience now. Somebody, somewhere, please tell us what is going on. Has nothing been learned from last time this happened, except perhaps that WP is no longer robust enough to be a business tool!

• Come on, WordPress – this is clearly affecting people on ISPs other than TalkTalk, so the problem seems to lie with you. It’s been over three days now – please sort it out, as it’s important to us. (In my case, I am with TalkTalk, but can access my stats but not the full dashboard or my blog itself).

• I’m writing as someone trying to comment on WordPress blogs from my Blogger account and encountering exactly the same problem of “no data received”. It started yesterday afternoon for me (I’m in the UK and a TalkTalk customer). Everything was fine again this morning, but is now back to the same problem this afternoon.

Since the internet is otherwise functioning just fine for me, I can only respectfully suggest that it is a WordPress problem and for WordPress to deal with in conjunction with TalkTalk and any other ISP involved.

• It is definitely a server in a route that is causing the problem. Remember that ISP’s may share proxy servers.

I have the problem, but using a broadband dongle I get full connectivity. It is slow but works because it uses a different route.

To make it more difficult WordPress provides content/services from more than than one server and they use different routes. This is why you may get a partial service.

WordPress, we are your clients and do expect you to resolve such issues. You have the infuence, we don’t.

• Update from Talk Talk:

“We have seen some instances of this recently.

We have fed this back to our incidents team for further investigation and are currently awaiting a reply. Once we have more information we can update you”

• Not using TalkTalk but having the same problems as the above people. Only been with WP for a couple of weeks and am surprised at the lack of response. Is this typical? Have I made a mistake in coming here?

• I have been in touch with talktalk, and at least they appear to be looking into the issue, which is more than WordPress appear to be doing at the moment.

The same thing occurred a few months ago, but on that occasion they appeasers to get on top of the situation.

As for the previous comment from dyfedwyn, it’s a shame this has happened to you already, but WordPress is generally a very good place to blog from. While I have used it for just over a year now, I’ve had a very good experience here on the whole

Here’s hoping WordPress, talktalk and whoever else find a solution soon.

• Owing to an important new item which I had to add to my WP page but not being able to I’ve spent today re-installing Firefox, removing Ad-blocker as a diagnostic test, reinstalling Ad-blocker and then creating a whole new site to replace my inactive WP.
    I would like to think that there’s an “all hands to the pumps” scenario going on at WordPress desperately trying to fix the issue, to explain the thunderous silence from them as regards a fix? Or is it still the cyber-shrug of “it wasn’t me”?

• I’m back up and running normally – anyone else?

• Yes me too. Fingers crossed everybody! :)

• I seem to be up an running again too.

• Yes, me too – hooray! And thank you, whoever fixed it!

• up and running! thank you to the fixer. Any idea what the actual problem was?

• Me too. But, Houston you have a problem. I don’t think that was accidental. Not twice.

Point to point pings and traceroutes worked. Only WordPress traffic failed. Your techs need to find any server that is blocking and inform the site owners and the ISP users.

And, we need alerts on our dashboards so that WP bloggers don’t spend time trying new browsers and settings.

Sorry, but it’s a bad world and we have to deal with it.

• Comments working properly again, so fingers crossed this continues.

• So am I. Thank you whoever fixed it.

• Thanks all for your patience. We have multiple contact attempts in with TalkTalk and have not yet a response from them. I’m glad to hear that it appears resolved and we’ll comment back once/if we hear confirmation from them.

Regarding users with other ISPs than TalkTalk, virtually all who have posted on this thread are either using TalkTalk or their service provider is using the same proxy as TalkTalk (likely a related company).

If you’re still having issues and do not believe you’re using TalkTalk, please open an additional thread so we can investigate your issue separately from the TalkTalk incident.

Thanks!

• Yes I am an up and running again too, and such is our commitment to WordPress that we will carry on using it and hope this doesn’t happen again.

But please can WordPress and TalkTalk work out what is going wrong here because this is the third time this year that we have been having these problems and it is not acceptable.

• Good to hear from you Kraftbj and mine now appears on quick test to be ok – I could save and preview drafts without losing text or having to log back in. And connection speed as normal. Fantastic as this is my full day blogging.

Funnily enough my problems started when drafting ‘The Invisible Hand re-appears!’ on Monday with opening…”this is SO spooky, even for someone not fazed by the supra-natural…”!! (It’s about unusual triple warning on the weekend’s the Iranian nuclear ‘peace’ deal.) Perhaps that title ‘tempted fate’!!

First draft got saved ok but slowly and upon adding new material next day I lost the fresh paragraphs. Fortunately I was able to complete and publish but ever so slowly.

Thanks for resolving this issue. At least this time it was resolved much quicker but, as others also say, there’s a clear need for better inter-web collaboration between ISPs and WP.

• The topic ‘Talk Talk 'No Data Received' error’ is closed to new replies.