Tags and Categories are not working when clicked

• Hello,

I love this theme but tags and categories return all the posts when clicked. They do not filter as they are supposed to.

Can you please suggest a solution for me?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @tkcgospel! I can’t see editor as the site isn’t hosted here, but can you check to be sure you’ve got “inherit from template” checked on your query loop for your archives template?

WP
    Blocks (The Full List) » Query Loop Block
    9 min read
    Use the Query Loop block to display blog posts (or other content types such as pages, testimonials, or projects) anywhere on your site. This block is similar to the Blog Posts block, but with greater flexibility to display your content using many different parameters and visual layouts. This guide will show you how to use it. Add the Query Loop Block The Query Look block may already be add

If you need more help with your WordPress installation, you’ll want to be sure to use the forums for the free, DIY WordPress code instead, as these forums are primarily for our free-tier hosting.

Here’s an overview of our services vs the DIY software, but in short, we provide hosting, maintenance, security, support, and spam filtering, as well as real-time backups depending on the plan you use. If you’re interested in moving your site here, let us know your goals with your site and any questions you have. We can confirm the best plan for your case and recommend your next steps.

Cheers!

• Is there a way i can provide you access so you can make the adjustments for me?

• I have already added the tags widget in the single post page which displays fine but it never returns the desired results whenever they are clicked. That is the issue I am facing and it’s the reason I opened this ticket.

• Also this problem occurs whenever categories and tags are clicked.

• Hey there,

We are limited in our ability to provide support for sites hosted elsewhere, this is both because we do not have access to the site and because our support tools would not work. Additionally, we are not able to make changes on your behalf, but we can generally take a closer look and help diagnose the issue and provide help with how to fix it.

If you are interested in moving your site to WordPress.com we would be able to take a look at your site and better assist you with this. Otherwise, I recommend reaching out to your hosting provider directly for further assistance with this issue.

• Thanks for your response, are you suggesting now that this could be a problem with the hosting?

But let me explain in-depth with pictures.

When the tags are clicked in the WordPress admin, they are sorted properly

When they are clicked on the website for the site visitors, the filters and categories are now displaying the results but instead return all of the posts as a result, which happens for both tags and categories.

I have made a loom video for a better description please watch it and let it be a guide perhaps you can suggest what I am doing wrong.

https://www.loom.com/share/7d908c17324341709a15145e841365f0?sid=70c730ad-c59f-499b-9d1d-a7b9d17020be

• To clarify, we use a custom version of the WordPress platform that is tuned to work with our managed hosting. This is different from the version that Bluehost uses for sites such as yours, and does not always behave the same. Additionally our support tools can only access sites we host directly, and we do not have the ability to diagnose issues on sites hosted with other providers.

are you suggesting now that this could be a problem with the hosting?

This issue you are facing could be related to your hosting, but it may also be related to some other configuration issue we may not be aware of. Our managed platform is set up to avoid these kinds of conflicts.

You are able to move your site to our hosting, where you can also benefit from the performance and security benefits (in addition to the in-house support we provide) by using our simple migration plugin:

WP
    Import a Website » Import using Move to WordPress.com
    3 min read
    Use the Move to WordPress.com plugin to migrate a self-hosted WordPress site to WordPress.com. Follow the steps in this guide to import your site (including your content, media, plugins, and theme) directly from your wp-admin dashboard. Prerequisites To follow the steps in this guide, you will need: Your source site: a WordPress site with any other hosting provider (referred to as a se

However, as it stand now we’re not in a good position to help. The issue shown in your video appears to be some kind of platform conflict but we are not able to diagnose unless you are hosted here. The good news it that you can find help in the community forums for the open-source WordPress project (the platform version Bluehost uses) and they will be better able to help you troubleshoot the conflict. You can post your issue with them here: https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/

Thanks!

• The topic ‘Tags and Categories are not working when clicked’ is closed to new replies.