Suspicious follows

• Suddenly I am getting a lot of followers from @pjbals.co.pl. Not may views from Poland. Should I be concerned.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I just got 6 followers within a 30 minute timespan from @pjbals.co.pl and am wondering the same thing. Should I be concerned?

• I’m getting them too. Think it’s a spam attack. Not sure what to do about it.

• Same thing just happened to me. Whole lot of new email followers with nonsense names. All are @pjbals.co.pl. Suggestions please!

• Same question? Just got several. I think I will delete them.

• Me too just today. Is there anyone who knows for certain as I do have genuine polish followers.

• I’ve gotten six or seven followers from @pjbals.co.pl within the last 24 hours. Is this a problem?

• Same here. About half dozen suspicious follows.

• Playing it safe. I am automatically deleting them.

• How do I delete them? I’m getting email notifications but they are not in my list of followers. We have been getting a lot. Has anyone received an answer from WordPress regarding this?

• Same here. I receive 7 e-mail from @pjbals.co.pl, but ther are not in the followers account nor in the list. Can I delete it or, at least, avoid it? Do I have to worry? Thanks.

• No word from WordPress that I see.

But in help search on “deleting email followers”

Under admin go to “people” and followers comes up. There you can delete these bogus email addresses one by one.

I don’t know how to stop them or block them. Somehow we should be able to report them to WordPress.

• I’m having problem too, today. Will try suggestion to delete. Thanks.

• Also you can go to Privacy Settings under Admin. If Public everyone can read your blog and it can be indexed by search engines.

Change to “Hidden” and everyone can see your blog but it won’t be indexed by search engines. Though not all apparently honor this.

Change to “Private” and only your followers can see your blog.

• Yeah, I started getting email followers from pjbals.co.pl yesterday. I’ve been deleting them as they come in. Any chance WP could block the IP?

• Talked to WordPress and was advised to do same as celticjlp suggested. I’ve had to go back twice since to delete three more new email follows from this location and may follow up with WordPress in a couple days so they know this problem is an ongoing one.

Best to advise WordPress so they know I am not only one having this problem. Seems they had not heard about it before we chatted. If they know a number of us having this issue they may do something.

• Same here. Got several today and yesterday. Also a couple from 1and1and1.zuromin.pl. I’ve now deleted them all but fear retribution if they are malicious hackers.

• I had an email conversation with WordPress staff when this first happened end of May. The told me that follows should not make any difference but that I should not visit any of these sites as even the ones that mention my blog posts might have code on them that bill download automatically

• I have also gotten about 5 or 6 “followers” from @pjbals.co.pl within the last 24 hours or so. I also received a follower on Fri. June 6/17 @1and1and1.zuromin.pl. I actually have 3 WordPress blogs. The one with the recent spat of new followers in aroundtheblockthebamasteelmagnolia.wordpress.com. I have a food blog I self host. One thing I’ve noticed – since receiving these “followers” when I go to my quilt blog, I sometimes now get a notification from the browser that the site is not secure. Also, there is a “refer” on the stats page to a “fix error website” page. This has even fallen over onto be self hosted blog. I did remove the “subscribe” option from my quilt blog for the time being. I believe these are malicious attacks and WordPress needs to take them seriously. I know PL is the extension for Poland, but the refer is in the Ukraine. I would like to delete these new “followers” and contact WordPress. I find their support very frustrating.

• The topic ‘Suspicious follows’ is closed to new replies.