Strange New Followers

• My blog has been quiet for several months, but within the last two weeks I’ve received multiple notices of new email followers, all with the extension @outlook.com. They seem suspicious. Should I be deleting them? Should I report them to Outlook? Can hackers use my blog as a way into WordPress?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

Many people have been getting this, and staff (support team) and othed users are aware of this.

This thread, here, has all the answers from staff, and some members have been realizing it as well. It also has the most replies, which is where others follow up on this issue, and it’s becoming common, so please don’t panic.

Can hackers use my blog as a way into WordPress

— Nothing will happen to your site, and they won’t get access to your account. It’s just that there are followers, and they are following users(you) — spam, which is starting to make others a little worried.

Your site is good, it’s just there are spammers that are using @outlook emails to spam and flooding your inbox.

The thread again, here, will stay posted, so check there daily and when you see an answer from staff, you should check it, and see what they say.

Cheers!

• Thanks so much! I see the other thread on this subject.
    J

• Hi there!

Thanks so much! I see the other thread on this subject.

— You’re welcome! Hope that clarifies things! If any more questions, please reply so we can help :)

Cheers!

• Hello all, Staff have also advised here https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/weird-followers/page/2?replies=135#post-3064066 that they will provide updates in that thread. If you would like to receive email updates on that topic, you can subscribe to that thread by clicking on the Subscribe to Topic link in the sidebar of that thread. Thanks.

• The topic ‘Strange New Followers’ is closed to new replies.