Spun white space between header and body

• Hi there,
    I think the Spun theme looks fantastic, but the white space ruins things a bit. I’ve had several people comment on the enormous white space between the header (with my site logo) and the main body where the posts. On my static homepage, that space is accentuated because I chose not to have a title for that page.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or am I just lumped with it?

Thanks!
    Andromeda

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I suspect that adding a title to the static home page might reduce the white space you refer to. A similarly large gap is seen in a pages of the demo. See, for example, “A Parent Page.” The intention of the design may have been to allow room for child and grandchild links in the drop-down header menu, without overlapping the page content area.

• Hi Andromeda, Spun is designed with a good bit of whitespace between the heaer and body. If you wish to reduce that, it would require the Custom Design upgrade and then some custom CSS. The following would reduce the top padding on the content from 70px to 20px.

.page .hentry {
        padding-top: 20px;
    }

You can try out and preview custom CSS before you buy as explained here.

• Thank you for your replies, both of you! I have decided to put a header in the post for now, maybe when I have more time I’ll look into fiddling with the CSS, so both replies very useful thanks :)

• You’re welcome.

• You are welcome from me too.

• The topic ‘Spun white space between header and body’ is closed to new replies.