Sort media with subfolders

• I created blog and have many images in media. And sometimes I got trouble look for specific images (ex. cat pics). I know I can insert keyword to find them but it would be better or more than that if you can make subfolder option or something similar. So I can sort specific cat images into cat folder.

It will be cleaner to watch at media section.
      And I think the web browser or WordPress itself can load images better faster if we have folders. I mean, when I went to media library, I notice WordPress load some images first, and when I scroll more, the more loading another ‘some images’. I found myself need to wait evertime I scrolled. So I think subfolders might help these problems, because I just wait WordPress load images I want to explore ‘for real’. Save energe save time.
      I dont need to search images ‘everytime single time’ I look for images.

Please receive my idea for consideration. And sorry my poor English.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi wdbox,

Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to upload images into custom subfolders. We’ll keep that in mind for the future.

All the best!

• YES! +1 to this.
    Organizing media is something so many of us are looking for. There are so many plugins trying to accomplish this and yet so few work, I wish WordPress would work this into the platform.

• The topic ‘Sort media with subfolders’ is closed to new replies.