Smileys invading Depo Masthead

• For some bizarre reason, on one of the pages in my Depo Masthead blog, all the numbers “8” (as in 2008), appear as yellow smiley faces. I’ve tried retyping the numbers but it doesn’t help. They only appear that way on the published page, not in my edit screen. It seems like some sad joke, but it’s very annoying. Anyone know anything abou this? Thanks in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Please paste the exact URL of your blog when asking questions here – or link your nickname to your blog as explained in the Sticky “8 Things to Know“. We often need that to give a relevant answer.

• I know exactly what you mean and there’s only one way to revent this from happening. That’s to shut of the emoticons. This can be done here Dashboard -> Settings -> Writing
    Formatting
    ___Convert emoticons like :-) and :-P to graphics on display
    Remove the checkmark from the box and click “save changes”

• (I know too, timethief!)

@dfahmy08: That’s because the combination of an 8 with a parenthesis unfortunately works as code for a smilie. If you don’t ever want to display any smilies, you can do as timethief says.

If you do want smilies but just want to avoid the accidental ones, you’ll have to write the parenthesis this way (in the html editor):
    <span>)</span>
    or write it with its html symbol:
    & # 4 1 ;
    (without the spaces)

• The topic ‘Smileys invading Depo Masthead’ is closed to new replies.