Slogan

• I have changed my slogan, but when I type in the adress to my webpage the old slogan still shows next to it. It looks similar to this: ‘(email visible only to moderators and staff) /Xxxxx – ditt stöd i svåra stunder’ and I want my new slogan to show instead of the old one. How do I change this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Not every theme displays a Tagline. A Tagline (not a blog description) is meant to be a very brief branding message. Your expanded blog description is meant to appear on your About page.

The Site title (blog name) and/or the optional Tagline can be changed on the top of this page at any time. > Settings > General … “save changes”.

That is exactly where search engine spiders look for the site title and removing it from there can cause issues with getting your content indexed. Note that the site title (blog name) and blog address URL do not have to be the same but it’s better for SEO (search engine optimization) if they are the same.

• Thank you for your answer! I think I just found some clues about what is going on. The following info was helpful:

“As long as you can see the correct title when visiting your WordPress blog, there is no more action required on your part. Google takes time to read your blog’s content (including the page titles) so it’s possible that they’re still using the old version of your page title in their search results. It can take Google a couple of days to weeks before they can “crawl” your blog again and update their search results to reflect the new title.”

• The topic ‘Slogan’ is closed to new replies.