Site transfer

• Thank you very much for considering the following question.

First, please visit our site: chrysalis-foundation.org/wp

I just finished reformatting 63 webpages in HTML and CSS code for computer and cell phone access.

I need to replace our *old* site, hosted by EarthLink, with our *new* WordPress site, also hosted by EarthLink.

I formatted our site many years ago with FrontPage. Currently, all URLs require only chrysalis-foundation.org/(name of webpage).

The *new* WP site is organized in parent/child pages.

Am I correct in assuming that the URL’s of our current menu items — accessible by clicking on blue buttons — will be the same after the transfer?

For example, right now the URL chrysalis-foundation.org/about_us.htm will be the same after the transfer to our new WP site.

In contrast, chrysalis-foundation.org/foundation_history.htm — as a sub item accessible only by clicking on a gray button — will *not* be the same since WP requires parent/child pages. So, at the new WP site, to access this webpage would require the following URL:
    chrysalis-foundation.org/about_us/foundation_history.html.

Thanks again.

Cris

• Hi there,

It looks like you’re in the wrong forum. Your site is using the open-source WordPress software and you need to seek help at these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

These forums are for WordPress.com hosted sites only. If you want to know more about the differences between WordPress.com and the WordPress software you can read this document:

WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

• The topic ‘Site transfer’ is closed to new replies.