shortcode for recipes

• Since I’m not tech savvy but would like to try to learn the new editor, I copied the recipe shortcode example and typed in my own recipe information. I added the information between the quotes and added the ingredients and the directions. It seemed fairly straight forward. However, when I previewed it, it didn’t look at all like your example. Most of the info wasn’t there and the bullets had all disappeared, is there something I’m doing wrong? Is that not a one size fit all?

• Hi @wafflecrumbs, good question on that — it’s been a while since I saw the recipe shortcode in use, but we’d be happy to take a look.

Could you send a link to the affected post or page, or, if it’s still a draft, tell us the site and post name?

• Hi @supernovia, sure thing This is the post I am referring to:

Bubble Pizza Casserole

• Thanks for the link and the details on that post!

I had a look and it seems that everything must be on one line to be properly rendered, so your code should look like this:

[recipe title="Bubble Pizza Casserole" servings="8" preptime="20 minutes" cooktime="35 minutes" difficulty="Easy" rating="5 stars" description="Easy casserole the whole family will love!"]

Try copying and pasting that.
    You can also add the image into that code with:

image="the URL of your pizza image"

I hope that helps :)

• The topic ‘shortcode for recipes’ is closed to new replies.