Short Code include_content="true" stopped working

• Hello,

I have a wordpress.com premium site.

For the passed few months I have used the shortcode:

[display-posts include_content="true" category="featured-news-on-home-page"]

To display the content of the posts in the ‘featured-news-on-home-page’ category.

This has worked beautifully until the last few days where it is now only displaying a link to the post, instead of displaying the contents of the post.

The reason I went with wordpress.com was for this feature after testing it for several months before purchasing. Please can anyone enlighten me?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The issue is on the home page btw.

• The include_content parameter was never listed in the relevant wordpress.COM support doc.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/display-posts-shortcode/
    It was never meant to work on wordpress.com, and it could produce a 503 or 504, so it got disabled. Quoting from a recent communication of mine with staff:

The devs talked it over and decided not to support include_content because it was never intended that the display posts shortcode would be used to display the full page contents inside a post. The site shouldn’t error out when you use an unsupported shortcode parameter though, so they are going to fix that part and make it so include_content gets ignored.

• So they just remove it and break peoples sites? I shall be submitting a complaint, I’ve spent months setting up this site, if I had known this I would have never subscribed.

Any other suggestions as to how I display the content of specific category posts on a page?

• a) As I said, it’s the other way round: using it can break your site. And as I said, this parameter was never supposed to work on wordpress.com. It’s not WP’s fault if you used something they don’t support. You didn’t find info about it on the wordpress.COM support site, did you?

b) You can easily isolate all the posts that are filed under one category, provided you don’t want that on the homepage: you create a custom top menu and include that category in the menu. Depending on the theme, it may also be possible to display only these posts on the homepage via CSS editing (if you have the Custom Design upgrade).

• It has been working for over 6 months.

• The topic ‘Short Code include_content="true" stopped working’ is closed to new replies.