Setting up Your Homepage

• Trying to setup a home page in my current theme ‘Arbutus’ I hit the info button and try todo what it says in the help that appears:

You can set your home page to be a static page, or display your latest posts.
    1. From your site’s dashboard, use the left-hand menu to navigate to Appearance→ Customize. Inside the customizer, click on the Homepage Settings tab.
    2. Under the “Your homepage displays” section, select “A static page”.
    3. Select an existing page to use as your homepage, or select “Add a new page” to create a new one.
    4. Click the Save Changes button on top.

but when I go to appearance/customise all I get is:
    Site Identity
    Menus
    Colours
    Fonts
    Additional CSS

what is going wrong?

WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to moderators and staff)

• Hey there,

There is an alternate way to assign a static page or a blog page as your home page. When in your dashboard look toward the bottom of the list to ‘Settings.’

In the subset of Settings is an option titled ‘Reading.’ Select reading and you will see the options you are looking for in terms of setting your home page and/or blog page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Hello,
    I have set my latest posts as the Homepage and now want to add it to the menu so people can get back to it, but it seems I can only add a static Homepage to the menu. How do I get around this?

• Hi,
    I’m very new to wordpress and don’t know what I’m doing but picking up things slowly. With the tip from hlbecker I fumbled through and did eventually get something kind of working but now can’t recreate it.

As far as I can remember I went into the reading subset of settings to set my homepage and others up but had to create a couple of static pages first.

Hope this helps.

• The topic ‘Setting up Your Homepage’ is closed to new replies.