Self-hosted site: Want to use Vaultpress and Videopress

• Hello. I would like to use Vaultpress and Videopress on my self-hosted site. I’m a little confused on what plan I need to do this. The Premium WordPress plan includes both for either $25 or $29 a month, depending on the page, but I’m unsure what exactly I need to do, being self-hosted. It seems to assume that the full site will be hosted on the WordPress.com servers. I’m only interested in the backup and video hosting, though.

Second question: Does Vaultpress only backup the wp-uploads folder, when using Vaultpress? I have a significant amount of custom code, much of which is integrated into WordPress, but the media resides outside of the wp-content folder.

Thank you, in advance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Please read what Staff has said in this thread https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/switching-to-premium-plan?replies=4#post-2734195

I will type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for a Staff response. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond and be patient while waiting. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• A little more elaboration, for when the Moderator/Staff gets here.

I guess I’m more confused by the difference between Professional and Business.

Professional is $29/m or $299/y. This lists backup, polling, security, etc, but no mention of Videopress.

When I click on Videopress, through my Jetpack plugin, it takes me to a different page, with “Business” plan. This has all of the features I want for $24.92/m, but appears to be only WordPress.com hosted.

Which of these would I use to be self-hosted, have Vaultpress backup service, and unlimited Videopress?

Thanks, once more.

• Please see my reply on your other thread. Closing this as a duplicate.

• The topic ‘Self-hosted site: Want to use Vaultpress and Videopress’ is closed to new replies.