Sela theme – Remove/alter site title

• I am using the Sela theme. My logo has my business name in it, so I do not want to repeat my business name in the “Site Title” section. I do have a tagline, which I have put into the “Tagline” section. My issue is that when I send the link for my website to people (ie. within a text message, or within Facebook messenger), the link says “no title” because I have not filled out the “Site Title”. How do I fill out the “Site Title” but get it to not show up on my website? Thanks so much!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi eringravel

I am using the Sela theme. My logo has my business name in it, so I do not want to repeat my business name in the “Site Title” section. I do have a tagline, which I have put into the “Tagline” section. My issue is that when I send the link for my website to people (ie. within a text message, or within Facebook messenger), the link says “no title” because I have not filled out the “Site Title”. How do I fill out the “Site Title” but get it to not show up on my website? Thanks so much!

To make it work the way you want then you need to add the site title and then we can use custom CSS to remove it from the display part of the site so that when you will send a message to friends they will get the title of the site.

Steps to add the site title:
    Go to settings > General >site title.

Custom CSS code that will help to remove it from site display:

h1.site-title {
        display: none;
    }

Additionally, Custom CSS can only be added if you are under premium or business plans. To know more about how to add custom CSS here is the support document for that:
    https://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/editing-css/

To know more about plans features and pricing please refer to support link below:
    https://wordpress.com/pricing/

Hope this helps.

• Thank you so much for your quick response. I have the premium plan. I just did what you suggested, but the title still doesn’t appear when I send the link via Facebook messenger. It does appear when I send the link via a text message though. The code has worked so the title does not actually show up on my web page.

Do you have any other suggestions/tips on where I’ve gone wrong?

Thanks!

• @eringravel, Facebook caches shares on their servers, so I would suggest using their debug tool and ask them to fetch your site again, and the site title should show up, but it will depend on what you are sharing. If you share a post or a static page, typically the post or page title will be picked up by FB. They don’t always seem to pick up the site titles in my experience.

• Sorry for the slow response. Thank you so much for your help! The Facebook debug tool was exactly what I needed to solve this issue.

• Fantastic :) I’ll go ahead and mark this one resolved. Take care!

• The topic ‘Sela theme – Remove/alter site title’ is closed to new replies.