Sela theme – how to cream an 'recipes' page

• I am new to blogging and using the Sela Theme, just wondering how I can set up a page with recipes. Was to display an image and name of recipe, then option to click on it to open the recipe up.

Do I need to create a new post every time to do this? In the demo page it looks so simple but don’t know how to do this.

Cheers.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

…to display an image and name of recipe, then option to click on it to open the recipe up.

A portfolio might be ideal for what you’ve described. See the Portfolios support page. While any WordPress.com theme can display portfolio projects, there are some themes that are specifically designed for the display of portfolios. See the Portfolio Themes section of the Portfolios support page for a list of such themes.

Themes with the Portfolio Page template option, where the content of the portfolio consists of rows of image and title links to projects include:

• The Portfolio Page template is an optional page template available on some themes that facilitates the display of a portfolio on a static page.

• On the Sela theme, you could also use the optional Grid Page Template. A page assigned the grid page template will display links to all its child pages as a grid of featured images and page titles, each of which are linked to the corresponding child page.

• @salomevilliger: We also have a Recipes shortcode that you can use:

Recipes Shortcode

You can enter the shortcode into the editor of a portfolio item, post, or page.

• The topic ‘Sela theme – how to cream an 'recipes' page’ is closed to new replies.