security

• Is anyone else with a free .com blog having live chat pop ups? “funny stuff” ( I’d rather not describe ) that shouldn’t be happening, is, when I’m signed in. When I mentioned I thought this feature was for paid subscriptions only they said it was an experiment.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• There are no live chat pop-ups for anyone except those who have purchased Business bundle upgrades, that I am aware of. When Staff tests things we Volunteers are the last to know about it. We simply provide a support triage service to those who post here.

Have you purchased this upgrade? Business plan bundle details http://store.wordpress.com/premium-upgrades/wordpress-business/

If not please post screenshot, upload it to your Media Library, and return to this thread to provide the file name so Staff can examine it. I’ll tag this thread for their attention. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

• We are doing some experiments around live chat support with a percentage of new WordPress.com users — that’s what you’re seeing, and that conversation was with one of our Happiness Engineers.

As he mentioned, you shouldn’t be getting pop-ups about updating, as that all happens automatically on WordPress.com. If you continue to get pop-ups that concern you, follow timethief’s note on taking/uploading a screenshot, and we’re happy to take a look.

• Experiments -hmmmm – thanks for the heads up.

• I had a chat with a happiness engineer. I imagine he was sorry he’d hit on me for the experiment. I’d been having some issues with the system that I expect were related to recent problems experienced by many members located in UK who used talk talk. Anyway Mikey, the happiness engineer was really patient with me. I am a dunce with technology. It’s good that wordpress makes things fairly simple. When I’m having a problem I can’t seem to find a solution in the forums and then when people talk ‘high tech’ to me they’d be as well talking ancient Greek (which is another language I don’t understand). In my dreams I’d always have a patient happiness engineer to talk to when things go wrong instead of tearing at my hair and crying, as I usually do. My problems now seem to be resolved. I have my dashboard back again and can edit, etc. Thanks.

• The topic ‘security’ is closed to new replies.