Search Bar edit

• Just a quick question. How do I get the search bar to be at the top right under the menu? Thanks for any advice.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, I’ve included two options for you. The first places it at the right top under the menu bar. The second places it in the right end of the menu bar itself. The second reduces the amount of space available for menu items, but you might prefer the way it looks.

Go to Appearance > Custom Design > CSS tab, delete the informational text and paste in the two options, one at a time, to see which you prefer.

Option 1:

#wrapper {
        position: relative;
    }

#search-2 {
        position: absolute;
        top: 275px;
        right: 10px;
    }

Option 2:

#wrapper {
    }

#search-2 {
        top: 231px;
        right: 25px;
    }

#access .menu-header ul, div.menu ul {
        width: 700px;
    }
  • I tried both individually but it is either I am doing something wrong or something is not working as I am not seeing the changes being reflected on the site when previewed.
    Any further advice?

• Hi there. I inserted the code for the first option on my test blog using the theme you are using and you can see a sample of that at: http://flippintestblog.com .

Can you go to Appearance > Custom Design > CSS tab and give the first code another try?

In the second option, I have changed the last bit of it. You can try the code below.

#wrapper {
    }

#search-2 {
        right: 25px;
        top: 231px;
    }

.menu-header ul {
        width: 700px;
    }
  • The topic ‘Search Bar edit’ is closed to new replies.