Saving Draft of Post causes visual editor font issues

• This is an odd problem I started noticing a few weeks/months ago. Basically, as soon as I press Save Draft while writing a new Post, the font flickers several times as the page refreshes and then I’m stuck with a permanently bold font in the visual editor. Hopefully this screenshot comparison is useful:

Even more odd, nothing seems amiss when I go to actually post what I type – the text and font remain as they always have. What makes this more than a nuisance though is how I can no longer tell what text is bold, nor does the font return to normal when I switch to text-only and back again. Creating a new post “fixes” the problem but it immediately returns as soon as Save Draft is clicked.

I am having no issues with fonts anywhere else on the internet, nor have I changed any settings in Firefox.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• What browser and version are you using? What shows when you click to the TEXT editor? Are you copy/pasting text in from somewhere?

• Firefox v24.0. When I click the Text editor, the font changes to the default sort of Unicode or whatever font. Clicking back over to Visual doesn’t change anything; it remains in the always-bold-looking bizarre font.

• And, no, I’m not pasting from anywhere. The change occurs 100% of the time from clicking Save Draft or after I click Schedule. So… any time the screen refreshes manually, I guess?

• Do extra tags show in the text editor?

• Just checked: no extra tags in the Text editor. I also tried changing the default Firefox fonts through the browser options, and nothing seemed to affect the text in the Visual Editor.

When I manually added a “span style=”font-family: arial;”” to the text editor, it DID change the font in the Visual Editor. So… maybe there was some kind of WordPress change that defaults it to a different font if my own is unsupported or something? I’m currently using the Tinos font for my body text.

• Yes, that’s probably it. Never run across this before, though, so it is not easy to tell.

• I’m having this same problem, and it’s most annoying. I’d like to also shrink the font size in the editor down by about 2 points, so it’s not so large, but that may be a separate issue.

• The topic ‘Saving Draft of Post causes visual editor font issues’ is closed to new replies.